Commanda General Store Museum

 

General Store1812Blue Heron RestaurantGift Shop

 

 

   
 

1812

 

 

During the period of the 1800's, Commanda was originally founded as a way station along the Old Nipissing Road. James Arthurs, who established the 162nd Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force, of the Canadian Army (known as the First Nipissing Regiment), opened up the Commanda General Store in 1885. He then also became the area's member of Parliment, eventually becoming a Senator. During this time James also briefly commanded the 167th Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force. A display was set up in 2012, to commemorate the war of 1812, in which was the time period of Commanda's founding. This display showed different artifacts and articles found in that time period and was designed and assembled by Lilo and Fred Abonyi

 

Click on the images for a larger view.

 

Back to Gallery.